Branch Manager Logistics
The Branch Manager Logistics is responsible for the movement, distribution, and storage of supplies and materials in KWE in the Benelux region. As the logistics leader of one of the biggest branches in EMEA the Branch Manager Logistics is responsible for a large team consisting around 40 to 45 members. Within the role he/she is responsible for the day-to-day operations, customer accounts, contract terms, financial measures, and more.
Under the guidance of the Branch Manager Logistics the team will have the tools and understanding to plan routes, analyze budget, and build relationships with all relevant stakeholders to propel the ambitious goals KWE’s renewed company culture has implemented.
On top of that the Branch Manager Logistics will make sure that the logistics team will also partner closely with other internal teams, including accounting, sales and IT specialists. As they are advocates for our customers, providing market feedback for KWE to ensure a continuously improved customer experience. Within the position the Branch Manager Logistics frequent domestic, European and occasional global travel is expected.
· Lead, support and improve operations and processes to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver service and financial results.
· Analyze and implement processes to improve the team with focus on efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
· Maintaining relations with all relevant stakeholders to meet customer expectations and company goals.
· Visiting (aspiring and current) clients to ensure long-term partnerships and expanding business possibilities.
· Analyse operational and customer performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
· Partner with company leaders and their teams to develop and execute strategies that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. This includes taking ownership for designing, building, and implementing programs, processes, and tools to help set employees and drivers up for success.
· Providing annual budget recommendations are expected with a focus on growing market share.
· Oversee inbound and outbound shipments and inventory.
· Oversee and assist with new customer onboarding from an operational perspective to ensure launches are successful, reporting any issues internally for prompt resolution.
· Investigate, resolve and/or escalate customer service issues, as appropriate.
· Select carriers and negotiating contracts and rates.
· Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
· Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
· Consult with other departments to solve and/or avoid problems.
· Cooperate closely with the accounting and operational departments.
· Act as the senior point of contact in the field of Logistics and therefore also the internal and external reference point for all related questions and/or escalations.
· Ensure warehouse operations are following ISO, GDP, and other local regulatory requirements.
· Implement and manage safety training programs and practices.
· Deploy continuous improvement efforts to drive productivity, reduce operating costs, streamline work processes, and work collaboratively with others to provide seamless quality customer service.
· Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
· Hire, train, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results.
· Identifying customer needs and linking them to the desired services within our customs solutions.