Customs Manager Benelux
Kintetsu World Express (BENELUX) B.V. offers its customers worldwide Warehousing and “door-to-door" intermodal transport solutions utilizing air, ocean, and ground transport as required. Our main activity remains import and export airfreight. KWE has been active in the three Benelux countries since 1988 and currently has offices in Amsterdam (airfreight), Rotterdam (ocean freight) and Brussels (airfreight). KWE distinguishes itself from its competitors by offering clients tailor-made logistics and transportation solutions with a focus on exceptional customer service. “A global brand born in Japan”.
The role of a Customs Manager Benelux will manage and update company records, ensuring that all customs related documents are stored accurately and in compliance with company regulations. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
• Manage both customs and trade compliance across the company, ensuring that all global regulations are understood.
• Manage the implementation of new customs processes to optimize the organization
• Responsible for determining Customs classifications and regulatory requirements (licenses, certificates, etc.)
• Ensure the highest compliance levels for all customs and government agency requirements across all staff and teams.
• Oversee entry auditing and reporting results and recommendations for improvement.
• Ensure that company’s controls, policies, procedures, processes and applications are all understood by the team and implemented accordingly.
• Ensure that all internal audits are being completed and actioned as per client requirements.
• Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing trade compliance policies, this will involve attending seminars and conferences.
• Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so.
• Ensure all customer authorisations are valid and kept up to date.
• Manage the company’s interface using customs authorities.
• Manage the implementation and control of new legislations, which will be issued from HMRC.
• Maintain the Quality Management System
• Directly a manage customs team.
• Maintain communication and relationship with customs
Key skills and qualifications of a Customs Manager Benelux:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
• Excellent understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations
• Knowledge of BIS/ECO/EAR/ITAR regulations.
• Previous experience in the development of business policies and process governance within an international business
• Previous experience in working alongside international government agencies
• An excellent knowledge of export and import controls is essential for this role.
• AEO application experience would be beneficial for this role.
· Adept with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Has 5-8 years experiance as a Customs Manager in a organisation with Air, Sea, Land and Warehouse operation
- Is an excellent people manager, building trust and connecting departments succesfully
- Has experiance in building Customs departents of organisations
- Has a completed Licensed Customs Broker course
- Speaks Dutch as well as English
- Enjoys a leading role in building pocesses
- Fulltime available
Working for a Global Network organization in an inspiring workenvironment with possibilities for growth and developing skills.
In addition you may expect :
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- A competitive salary in line with the responsibilities of the position
- Growth opportunities through training and education