Export Manager Perishables
With over 79000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
In this role you lead and are hierarchically and functionally responsible for a team of 10 employees (with 1-2 teamleads in between) and will be reporting to the General Manager Export Perishables. You are responsible for all customer service activities on behalf of your customers and for the results and successes of the department. We are looking for a workaholic: Due to the 24/7 and stressful character of the perishables business, you sometimes need to work long hours or even spend part of your weekend at work. 80% of the time, you will probably be working just 40 hours a week, but we need your flexibility in the other 20% of the cases!
• Managing the daily operation, leading the employees of the Export (Food) department, setting priorities and determining the occupancy of the department
• Identifying new opportunities and searching for possibilities with existing customers to increase sales
• Implementing and managing agreed customer conditions
• Dealing and wheeling with the airlines to accommodate the bookings of our clients
• Participating in projects to optimize logistics processes in cooperation with the client and/or with various internal departments
• Leading your own team by ensuring the development, training and coaching of employees and applying the HR strategy
• Monitoring the results of the Customer Service department
• Making improvement proposals regarding IT developments in order to have the department report more professionally and effectively
• You will be working with products with a very short shelf life, for example fruits, vegetables, milk powder and fish. Meaning you must be able to deal with pressure and stress, as well as think quickly and find solutions. No 9-to-5 mentality!
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
• Bachelor degree (in logistics/economics) or comparable work and thinking level
• 10+ years' working experience. Managing teams is part of this working experience.
Successful leadership experience in a stressful, customer centered and mainly male environment e.g. logistics, hospitality, etc.
• Strong communication skills present as you will be in touch with our customers every single day
• Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Dutch is an advantage.
• Financially and commercially sound
• Solution- and result-oriented
• You bring along a lot of energy and are able to transform organization structures (change management skills)
• You have a go-getter mentality, and the will to push back wherever needed
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
• Flexibility in working hours
• Driving license required since you will be managing teams at several locations, like Schiphol and Aalsmeer
GOOD REASON TO JOIN:
In addition to an excellent salary and bonus, we also offer a good pension scheme. You will have 24 vacation days and 3.5 atv days and you have the option to buy additional days. We work in a flexible working schedule whereas your private life- work balance is optimal, including the possibility to work via home office days. In this position you are also entitled to use a company car for business purposes only. We also offer a group discount on your health insurance with CZ. You will start with an annual contract, and if everyone is satisfied, resulting in a permanent employment afterwards. Kuehne + Nagel is a good and reliable company, therefor a VOG is requested at the start.