International Partnership Manager (Airfreight)
Cross Border Solutions
Cross Border Solutions (CBS) is the business unit of PostNL which provides international delivery solutions to businesses worldwide. CBS makes it easy for people and businesses to communicate and trade across international boundaries. It aims to become the most respected service provider by supporting the cross border e-commerce market through creative and innovative distribution solutions. It holds 13 offices worldwide, and with 1,200 employees it serves over 190 countries. The Central Management Team and supporting departments like IT, HR, Finance, Strategy & Development, Customer Operations and Distribution & Linehaul (D&L) are located at PostNL Head Office in The Hague (The Netherlands).
What is this job about?
The International Partnership Manager Airfreight is responsible for the procurement of airfreight to worldwide destinations and ground handling services. You realize and maintain a procurement policy that is aligned with PostNL intercompany policy.
As International Partnership Manager you will serve as a relation and escalation manager between internal stakeholders and suppliers.
• Leading complex negotiations
• Optimizing relationships with Airlines, GSA, 3PL, and ground handlers
• Tendering processes (specify, select, contract, implement)
2. Contract Management:
• Serve as an escalation point for internal stakeholders when contracted services are not met and take the lead in corrective actions with suppliers
• Standardize documentation required for procuring (e.g. Contracts, SLA, General Terms & Conditions, etc)
3. Development of market knowledge
We want to be the preferred service provider by supporting the cross-border e-commerce market through creative and innovative solutions. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking for ways to be better. As a result, we need you to act as specialist to our distribution partners regarding all international operational processes and issues and ensure the continuity of the operational processes (for example by preparing a contingency planning).
Your skills and experience
We would like you to have at least 5 years of working experience in airfreight at required level within an international environment. You are able to speak English, written and verbal another European language is a plus.
Preferably you have extensive knowledge of air-transport and logistics industry with an existing wide network in such industry and knowledge of custom clearance procedures
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and diplomatic skills from operational to senior management level
• Ability to transfer concepts to actions and implement them
• Ability to manage and influence multi-functional and cross-cultural teams
• Strong networking, adaptation and relationship building skills
• Positive attitude
• Willingness to learn and be part of new projects
• Embraces challenges and complexity
• Eye for detail
• Future-oriented, embracing change mentality
• Creative and able to think out-of-the-box
We offer you:
• A challenging position within an international environment in a growing and dynamic industry (e-commerce)
• Responsibility and freedom to perform in your job
• Employment agreement based on 39,25 hours per week
• Gross salary indication level 11 of the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement.
• Work location: The Hague https://www.postnl.nl/campagnes/stationspostgebouw/