Station/ Branch Manager
The Branch/Station Manager is accountable for the P&L and operational oversight and management, leadership and direction of the station to provide quality service, customer satisfaction and operational proficiency that ensures growth and profitability goals/objectives are met.
The Branch/Station Manager is responsible for implementation and compliance with company policies and procedures, quality standards, and other applicable regulatory guidelines, with respect to operational, administrative, customer service, marketing, and sales functions for the site. This position will develop and grow business in their dedicated region and will conduct business development activities.
This role will have direct relationships with the following parties; local sales and operations and will report to the Director of Operations domestically or Global EVP for International Leaders.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
1. Lead, direct, and manage all station functions to ensure that all departments and staff execute service agreements.
2. Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communication and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
3. Responsible for business development, sales and marketing and new account development to ensure that maximum transportation revenue is generated for the station.
4. Provide station staff with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues relating to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, systems applications, and executing processes to meet customer needs.
5. Develop and execute plans, and programs to meet anticipated organizational needs in the areas of functional responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines, quality standards, and other regulatory requirements.
6. Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated business development goals and objectives.
7. Review and evaluate station P&L performance and establish short term goals to address any budgetary shortfalls.
8. Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service, profit, and growth, and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
9. Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
10. Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
11. Utilize superior communication skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives, and clients.
12. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business demands deem necessary.
Earn our customers’ trust. Passionately value co-workers. Actively Engage in our communities. Always conduct ourselves ethically. High Performance at a world class level.
• Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred / High School Diploma with equivalent combination of work experience may be considered.
• Minimum five (5) years industry experience required – logistics environment with International and Domestic experience.
• Minimum three (3) years supervisory or managerial experience required.
• Valid Driver’s License required
• Proven experience managing a full P & L required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel).
• Able to perform all aspects of Domestic and International Operations including: customer service, dispatch, cargo and etc.
• Ability to organize and perform multiple assignments in a high-volume, fast-work environment.
• Ability to interact, communicate and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, customers in all levels of management.
• Proven ability to lead and manage the activities of a diverse workforce.
• Skilled problem solver with leadership qualities.
• Excellent communication, decision and management skills.
Employee may be required to work hours other than the set shift hours to facilitate the completion of required work or resolve critical issues. Must be available for occasional on-call duty.