Operations Manager Freight Forwarding
Bleckmann is a market leader in Supply Chain Management (SCM) services for the fashion and lifestyle markets.
Founded in 1862, Bleckmann has evolved from a transport company into a full supply chain solutions provider with a specific expertise in e-fulfilment solutions. With a strong base in Europe the company has expanded to the US and Asia enabling Bleckmann to service its customers across the globe. Bleckmann’s investments and vast experience in IT solutions enable a globally unified platform for our clients. Every day 3000 team members support Bleckmann customers to deliver on their promises. With around 300 million Euro revenue, Bleckmann has the scale and flexibility to create world class solutions that delight its customers.
Operations Manager Freight Forwarding
The Operations Manager Freight Forwarding is operationally and financially responsible on operating cost and gross margin for het Bleckmann Multi Modal Solutions operation in the Netherlands. The responsibility covers all operational Sea, Air, Rail and Road inbound activities in the Netherlands.
The Operations Manager is the first of operational contact for both clients as well as partners and providers. He/she bears responsibility for all operational and customer service related activities and issues.
The Operations Manager is directly responsible for managing the Bleckmann Freight Forwarding team in the Netherlands and provide direct support to the operations staff in the Netherlands, work together direct with the finance controller(s), route development manager(s), customer solution supports and director multi modal solutions for continuous improvement and customer development projects, and reports directly to the Global Manager Freight Forwarding.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Organizing tasks and responsibilities within the department;
• Participating actively in the day to day operation;
• Maintaining coherence and continuity within the department;
• Maintaining regular contact with all major accounts in the Netherlands, 3PL clients as well as regular freight forwarding clients;
• Meet and exceed customer’s expectation and maintain strong, close and positive relationships wit key stakeholders of customer and internal organizations;
• Responsible for flawless progress of information exchange between all parties involved;
• Providing continuous improvement processes;
• Reliable reporting on operational level;
• Trouble shooting;
• Following market developments;
• Achievement of contractual and agreed KPI’s;
• Supporting reviews, key initiatives and major change programs;
• Continuous improvement of personal and team knowledge and experience;
• Working in a continuous improvement environment within our network organization according to the Lean Six Sigma principles.
• Bachelor degree in with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar roles and responsibilities;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in freight forwarding, logistics and transport fields with a strong track record in operations, finance, legal and HRM;
• Competent in use of computer equipment and word processing, spreadsheet and database products;
• Strong in depth knowledge of freight forwarding and market trends, freight operating systems OMS / FMS, international (road) transport, logistics, customs regulations and import and export regulations;
• Strong leadership and motivational ability;
• Strong customer focus;
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
• Strong ability to manage multiple tasks in stressful circumstances;
• Strong time management skills;
• Strong change management skills;
• Willing to travel to maintain open relationships with internal key stakeholders and customers;
• Flexible and willing to work in flexible time frames and meet the expectations and demands of customers seasonal requirements.
• Competences: champions development, realizes performance through people, drives for results, drives strategic change and innovation, engages and inspires people, understand customers and markets and demonstrates business ethics.
We offer a challenging, independent position and a positive working atmosphere. Salary is compliant to Bleckmann remuneration policy.