Trade Lane Manager
Our customer/the company is a leader in the freight forwarding and logistics market in Europe and has been present in Europe since 1877, today operating with 25 own offices in Europe and Asia. The company is a pioneer in IT based cargo visibility and traceability and has a strong suit of IT tools geared as partners and customers alike. With more than 1400 employees across, they are one of the leading transportation groups in the region.
The main function of the Trade Lane Managers is to promote the companies services with potential partners and clients and to manage relations with existing partners and clients.
• Promoting the group’s business growth in Northern European Markets by formulating and implementing trade lane strategies. Areas will encompass The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Scandinavia, United Kingdom.
• To appoint, develop and support local business partners
• To provide sales assistance and promote growth
• To generally promote our multimodal products in air- , sea-, supply chain solutions-, and road freight
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of the freight forwarding and logistics business
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Transport & Logistics (or similar accreditation)
• Excellent communication, presentation, and social skills. Must have a flair for commercial matters.
• Freight forwarding (or closely related) work experience in Europe and/or Asia/USA
• Ability to work independently, from a home office environment, yet also be a strong team player in a team that is spread over continents
• Ability to travel extensively and regularly
• Excellent command of English Language, both written and spoken. Native Dutch speaking candidates are preferred.
• Excellent MS Office skills