The Import manager advises the Branch manager,
implements the import policy to achieve budget
targets and manages the team. An Import Manager
supervises and manages a team of people, which will
include organizing work schedules and issuing
shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and
locations are coordinated. This will also include track
and trace management to monitor goods at all
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Collects monthly data and analyses by comparing with historical data.
• Forecasts the quantities for the coming month and gives explanations.
• Provides management information.
• Adjusts the import activities in the context of policy in consultation with the Branch Manager.
• Signals trends and developments and provides advise accordingly.
• Makes sure products and service provide the best value for money.
• Translates and implements the management policy (strategy) for the import department.
• Organizes the department, work processes and procedures so that the work can be performed optimally.
• Identifies improvements and takes appropriate action.
• Negotiates with external transport company about costs of delay.
• Notices customers with (too) little turnover and signals to sales.
• Organizing and leading meetings.
• Gives direction to the work of employees.
• Implements the personnel policy.
• Responsible for the quality and quantity level, the timeliness and efficiency of work.