International Partnership Manager (Airfreight)
As International Partnership Manager Airfreight you are responsible for the worldwide procurement of airfreight services; including operational processing, air-transport and aircraft ground handling. You lead complex negotiations (including tenders) with all partners (e.g. operational processing partners, airlines, cargo general sales agents, logistic service providers, ground handlers and freight forwarders) and ensure that the product specifications are realized at the best cost-value. You focus on optimizing relationships with partners and agreeing clear defined Service Level Agreements on themes as short- and long term capacity, best cost value and legal/tax matters (e.g. liability).
You realize and maintain standard procurement documentation and the procurement policy, making sure it aligns with PostNL’s intercompany policy. You serve as a focal point of contact and escalation manager between internal stakeholders, partners and suppliers. You take the lead regarding any corrective action. Besides you participate in a few optimization projects.
In this job you are part of a driven close-knit team. We are part of Cross Border Solutions, the business unit of PostNL that provides international delivery solutions to businesses over 190 countries with 13 offices worldwide and circa 1,200 employees. Working at CBS is an adventure set in a corporate environment. The International Partnership Manager Airfreight position is a rewarding opportunity that allows employees to develop professionally while working in a collaborative team environment that offers recognition for those who perform. You truly are in control your own destiny.
In this diverse job you manage different result areas: procurement; contract management; reporting and monitoring; pricing; feasibility studies and development of market knowledge. A sample of your duties include:
• discernment to make decisions wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action;
• create opportunities and minimize potential problems by anticipating and preparing in advance;
• frequent quality/cost evaluation of both delivered and procured services;
• perform cost price calculations and transport feasibility studies in liason with external/internal stakeholders;
• provide Management and Finance with information/recommendations both pro-actively and upon request;
• keep up-to-date with regards to business intelligence on trends and developments within the transport market (any relevant knowledge is proactively shared with internal stakeholders).
The successful candidate will use any entrepreneurial skills to find creative solutions, and be able to transfer (innovative) concepts into actions and to implement these within multi-functional and cross-cultural teams. You also have:
• a minimum of 5 year’s relevant (international) work experience, preferable within aviation/aircargo;
• good knowledge of the aircargo-logistical industry, tender and custom clearance procedures;
• demonstrated negotiation, networking and business relationship management skills;
• excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of a the Dutch language is desirable but not required. However good knowledge of a second European languague is highly preferred;
• interpersonal skills including: communication, persuasiveness, problem-solving, proactive and attention to detail.
Our dedicated professionals made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. Furthermore we provide:
• a challenging position within an professional, dynamic and international organization in a fast-growing market;
• flexibility and freedom to perform your job in and outside the office (e.g. working sometimes from home is an option). Results are more important than a 9 to 5 mentality;
• a welcoming and inclusive environment; with enthusiastic and motivated colleagues, good self-development and career opportunities;
• a very competitive salary and benefits package with 25 vacation days and a good pension scheme, based on the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement. Salary to be determined based on pertinent work experience and knowledge;
• great office location in The Hague with outstanding accessibility and possibility to work around Schiphol and from home. You may manage your own agenda between locations.
A Declaration on Behavior (VOG) and pre-employement screening are part of the selection process. Please note that in order to qualify, you must have relevant and valid working entitlements (visa/work permit) and you must currently reside in The Netherlands.